Sound Practitioner Training (32-Hour Certification) has been revamped and reimagined for 2024. In celebration of our Sixth year of offering this in-person invitation to Arizona, we have added and expanded, cut and pruned, and refined to make this the absolutely best training yet.
This initiation into the world of the Sound Practitioner is spread over two weekends and explores the history, theory, spirituality, science and practice of sound while providing hands-on training in playing gong, crystal bowls, Tibetan bowls, shruti box, flutes, overtone singing, chimes, and more.
Held at a private residence in the foothills of New River, this will be an intimate training with very limited space. In addition to the in-person component, the new Sound Practitioner Immersion now includes access to over 20-hours of online content to support each student after the training concludes.
Saturday & Sunday, January 13-14, 2024, (10am to 6pm)
Saturday & Sunday, January 20-21, 2024 (10am to 6pm)
Register by December 1st: $898
Register after December 1st: $998
Includes all materials.
Note: There will be a maximum of 8-people accepted for this training
Private residence in New River, Arizona, approximately 45-minutes north of Downtown and around 60-minutes from most parts of the Phoenix area.
The Sound Practitioner Immersion is designed for both teachers and students who would like to begin using sound in public or private settings, or for those who are simply drawn to sound and wish to learn more. Sound Therapy and Sound Meditation (also sometimes called Sound Healing) are a range of practices used to bring about physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual changes using sound. Participants will learn the fundamentals of Sound Meditation and Sound Therapy and learn to deliver public and private sound sessions. Yoga and meditation teachers will learn how to incorporate sound therapy and guided meditation into their classes.
Participants in this training receive Certification as a Sound Practitioner (Level I). Yoga Alliance teachers receive 32-hours of Yoga Alliance CEUs.
Includes a full color training manual for lifetime reference and access to the online training (a $299 value) with over 20-hours of video lessons and additional content.
- History & Theory of Sound
- History of Sound in Yoga and Shamanic lineages
- Use of Sound in Meditation and Therapy
- Science of Harmonics and Overtones
- Importance of Non-Equal Temperament
- Use of Sound in Working with Chakra
- Responsible Use of Terminology: Sound Healing, Sound Bath, Gong Bath, Gongmaster, Vibrational Healing, etc.
- Physical Effects of Sound: Nervous System, Vagal Nerve, Cellular Responses, Brainwaves
- Use of Sound in Ceremonial Settings
- Conducting a Sound Classes and Private Sessions
- Types of Gongs and Uses
- History of Gong and
Metallic Overtone Emitting Instruments
- Energetics of Gong Playing
- The 39 Gong Strokes
- Friction Mallets (Flumies)
- Hand Gong Techniques
- Caring for the Gong
- Selecting Gongs
- Types of Bowls: Crystal vs. Metallic
- Energetics and the Chakra
- Playing Techniques and Styles
- Use of Drone
- Vocalization and Bowls: Toning, Chanting, and
- Talking Bowls
- Binaural Playing
- Selecting and Assembling Bowl Sets
Native American Style Flute
- History of Flutes
- How to Play Native American Flute
- Introduction to Other Flutes: Overtone Flute and Bansuri
- Playing Flute with Other Instruments and in Pairs
- Finding Your Voice Even if You Think You Can’t Sing
- Mindful Singing and Chanting for Meditation
- Vocal Yoga
- Overtone Singing
Singing and Chanting with Shruti Box and Bowls
- Shamanic Journeying
- Use of Frame Drum in Meditation
- Hand Drum Techniques and Rhythms
- Playing for Yourself and Others
- Invoking the Medicine of the Drum
- Use of Other Percussion Instruments: Shakers, Rattles, Wave/Ocean Drums, Rain Sticks, etc.